Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thirty days of Thanks.. Day 2




Today I am thankful for my Hubby!

Hubby has been a trooper while I have been on non weight bearing orders. I think he has been amazing with cooking meals ( he normally doesn't cook), cleaning (even the cat liter), walking Winston, helping me get in, and out, of the Condo with my knee scooter and makes sure I have everything I need before he leaves the house.

He has been the Man I knew he would be in this kind of situation.  He is loving, romantic, caring, practical, uplifting, makes me laugh and reigns me in when needed!

What more could a girl ask for?



Now on to the Journey.

I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday..I know!!
Anyway, he gave advice on how to reach a goal. The most important thing I learned was the need to make a time line.  I have made many goals in the past but some were not reached because I pushed them to the side, while I went on with life. So, for me, it makes sense to set a date of completion to keep me on track. For instance, I need to set a date when my sewing project needs to be completed. I need to have one Apron done by the weekend...and so on!

I remember when I was making five junior bridesmaids dresses for my son's wedding, I allotted myself a certain number of days for each dress. Then, I set a date for the dresses to be completed, pressed and ready to pack for the trip to California.  I think that was the one, and only, time I have ever worked on any type of timeline. And, to be honest, I had not remembered that timeline until I started typing this post.

One of my Goals is to set time lines.  I believe this will help with my PROCRASTINATION!


My Scripture for today is:
Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. (Acts 12:5)

We have all seen the power of prayer one time, or another, in our lives.  Prayer is Powerful!  We must remember not to limit but to expect great things from God, our Heavenly Father.


Just for grins:



I know many are praying for a reverse in this decline!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Shawn

3 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. Most diffiantly praying for a reverse.
    Timelines. Yes! I have had many of wonderful things happen with times lines. I dont like them but... they sure do work. I havent made one i awhile. Maybe I shoudl reconsider and look at this under a new prespective. Thank youf or sharing it is a great reminder.
    Praying for your speedy recovery and healing.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn
    Thank you for the smile and yes we need a reverse.
    I am praying for your recovery....I remember when I had my ankle broken and had to wear the boot, I was very fortunate to have my parents close enough to help me.

    Thank you for the reminders and many encouraging words

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Shawn... Just learned about your injuries and I'm so sorry that you're out of commission for a bit. I'll be saying some extra prayers for a speedy recovery.

    I haven't set a timeline for myself in such a long time... The last 10 years or so, it's been darned near impossible to accomplish. (sigh) Maybe I should look into ways to try and make it easier. After reading your post, I'm thinking that prayer might be a good place to start. :~)

    Hang in there, sweetie. Sending you out lots of healing thoughts.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete