Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meet Me On Monday hosted by Java

This is one of my Favorite Hops hosted by Java @ Never Growing Old.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2010


Meet Me on Monday!!






Welcome to the 27th edition of 
"Meet Me On Monday!"
 
Blogging  is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read  and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is  this person!?"  I know them...but yet I don't know them!  I want  to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought of a great  way for all of us to "meet" each other!

Every Sunday I will post five get to know you  questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we  can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!

"Its a great way to to meet new friends and for others to get to know me better....one Monday at a time!!!"....as quoted by the Chacogirl!! I will make this SIMPLE and FUN!!!

I  will add a linky so we can follow who participates and get to know them  better!!  Be sure to link the POST and not just your whole blog




Questions: 

1.  What will your Christmas dinner consist of?
2.  Do you watch commercials or flip through the channels?
3.  How long will you leave your Christmas decorations up?
4.  What movie makes you cry every time you watch it?
5.  Do you have a Facebook?


MY Answers:

1.  This year my very clever daughter, Erin, is hosting our Christmas Eve dinner. She e mailed all of us a few weeks ago and announced that we will be having an International Dinner, then assigned each couple a country.
  • Our ( Me and Hubby) Country is Germany and I will be making;  Sauerbraten, Red Cabbage and Apples and German Apple Cake.
The other countries are:
  • Italy
  • Greece
  • Spain
  • South Africa
  • Thailand









On Christmas Day,  the kids go to their in-laws and we will host a dinner for our friends who are in the same empty-nest boat! I will be making spaghetti and meatballs because I wanted something easy with little fuss in the kitchen!
Spaghetti
















2.  I watch, rather tune out, commercials. Hubby puts the remote on Mute, which for some reason just drives me crazy! The only commercials he likes are the ones for Geiko..(especially the little Gecko) and the Baby for E trade!






3.  I leave my Christmas decorations up until after January 1st. I was taught that taking the tree down  before New Years would lead to a year of BAD LUCK. Although I do not buy into that, I do not tempt fate and also eat Black eyed peas on New Years Day.  Actually, I have been tempted to leave the tree up year round and just decorate it for all the holidays! U would love a tree with red lights and hearts, then one with eggs and Easter bunnies..how about one decorated for the 4th of July..hmmm..I think it could work!


Merry Christmas




4.  The Titanic...does it every time!

MySpace Graphics
Titanic Graphics & Titanic Movie Pictures



5.  Yes, I have a Facebook!
 I used to be on it all the time and it was, and is, a great way to keep up with all of my children and the older grand Kiddos's! Before Blogging it was my drug of choice! I was a FB addict..now I am a blogging addict!
Blog KEY

14 comments:

  1. I kinda noticed that you haven't been on FB lately! I love that you blog though. Great way to still keep in touch and learn more about you :) I wish I could be there for your Christmas dinner, should be delish!
    I'm with you on the Titanic movie, Dave doesn't like to watch it because it ends so sad.
    Dave mutes the commercials too, and even if I don't like them, it still bugs me not to hear them!!!
    Call you next week, I don't know if you got my text but I sent your package and it should be there by Thursday. I have no idea when Erins will get to her, but its for all of you for your Christmas Eve game day :)
    Many luvs and hugs to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,I wish you could be here for Christmas Eve dinner..what a great time we would have!
    I only glance at FB just to see recent posts..if you, or your siblings(here and there) have posted pictures, if any friends have added pic's. I talked to Aunt Debbie yesterday and she said she can never get on the computer because her kids are always on!
    Love you,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Christmas dinner sounds like a really yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn, your Christmas dinner sounds like it will be exciting. I love the idea of trying dishes from all around the world!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas dinner sounds wonderful! What a great idea!

    I chose Titanic too. I've seen it 3 times and cry each time.

    I'm trying to stay away from Facebook. I get too addicted to the games. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to say - I love your blog design - the picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner should be quite the adventure--sounds like fun. I don't know who came up with that baby from E Trade, but they deserve a raise! Those ads are some of the best around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Monday! That sounds like a great idea to try new foods and learn about new countries! We always have the same thing :) Drop by my blog to see what my answers are :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun Christmas Eve dinner. Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray!!! Thanks for following!!

    Xmas dinner will be prime rib and mashes potatoes, basic staples for my husbanks

    I haven't had power of remote since 1982 so I don't pay much attention.

    The decorations will be taken down on All Saints Day by same said husband, maybe then I can watch some of my own TV selections.

    I never used to cry but since I know blubber like a baby at movies even if I know the dog lives in the end.

    I, am a confessed Facebook junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very clever daughter.... what a fun idea for a Christmas dinner. It's getting to count-down time. Have a wonderful holiday week end with you loving family.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck
    P.S. Darling picture of you and hubby as snowpeople.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shawn, thank you once again for the support with my blog :) I love blogging it is so much fun.

    I am awarding you with the Stylish blogger award, please go to my archive and read how to accept it and the rules are there.

    Hugs n Love
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea. will have to remember to check in on Monday to join.
    I am really liking your daughters Christmas dinner idea. Will have to borrow it for our next Christmas dinner. We get together every other year.
    Had to make a special trip over here tonight to be sure to wish you a very Blessed Christmas Day and year to come. Seems it is getting harder and harder to keep up with all of the blogs I enjoy reading so I am staying up especially late tonight trying to catch up.
    Once again, Christmas Blessings to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading this makes me crave German food! Yummy yummy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete