Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thirty Days of Thanks

Day 3

Today is day three of the Thirty Days of Thanks challenge. I have so many things that I am thankful for  and today I will post about my wonderful summer news.

Today I am thankful that my daughter, Wendy, found me on May 31, 2010.   I gave birth to Wendy when I was sixteen years old and had to give her up for adoption at birth. I was not allowed to see her, or hold her. For almost 42 years, I wondered about the baby I had given up and never thought that I would meet her. Then the night of May 30, 2010, I received a text message inquiring if I had given birth to a baby girl in 1968.   I was in shock, wondering who had sent the text but I answered "YES", and the rest is history.

Last labor Day, my daughter, Amber, and I traveled to Arizona to meet Wendy and her family! It was a wonderful few days of meeting her parents, her husband, her five children, and one her sisters and her family.

I Thank God every day for giving me this opportunity to form a relationship with my first born daughter and her family.

My New Family!




Arizona 2010

5 comments:

  1. This blessed my heart so much! Thank you for sharing it. What a wonderful blessing in your life to be thankful for! I really appreciate you stopping by tonight and commenting on my blog. I'm now your newest follower. I look forward to getting to know you!

    Blessings,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a wonderful post. How awesome that you have been reunited with your first born daughter...what a fabulous blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so very blessed also!!! I had always wondered about you too, as you know. This has been such an amazing 6 months for all of us. I'm so grateful to know who I look like, no more looking in the malls, grocery stores, theaters or other places! You have brought such a peace to my heart and I will be forever grateful that you were thinking of me all these years:)
    Love Always!!!!
    P.S. The post was beautiful thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am your newest follower! I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog too. Anna S. www.livinghealthyonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is just wonderful. We have something kind of in common did you noticed my blog. Just the opposite though. We adopted three brothers in 2005.

    ReplyDelete