Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thank You Joanie for the Stylish Blogger Award

I was so surprised to receive this award from Joanie @ Joanie's Random Ramblings.   What a surprise and an honor!



Now what I have to do are these 4 things:


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award 
2. Share 7 things about yourself 
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!





Seven things about myself.


1. What you see is what you get! I think that sums it up about me. In fact, if you want to know something about me all you have to do is ask. I am an open book, I tell it all. I probably tell more than I should. When I was in grade school, I was always in trouble for talking and that carried through to high school...and on..and on! 


2.  I love to watch reality shows. My favorites are American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Hell's Kitchen and Project Runway. I also like anything on Animal Planet.


3.  I belong to a bible class that meets at church every Thursday morning. We meet in the small chapel for music worship, break up into our groups for study and then meet back in the chapel where our Pastor reviews the lesson and answers questions. My group is a delightful group of women that encourage each other in our path of learning. We laugh, pray, learn..sometimes have treats..and I love these women.


4.  I recently cut back to three days a week at work. This has most definitely put a strain on ye 'ole pocket book, but it has been worth it. I have the perfect job with no weekends or holidays but during the last few years work has gotten in the way of my social life!  LOL!!   Actually, since Hubby is retired, it gives us more time together plus allows me a day all to myself. 


5.  I  would rather read the book then watch the movie.  I can become more absorbed in a book and the movie is always a let down to me. For example, recently I watched Eat, Pray, Love ( yes I was a little slow to see the movie) and I fell asleep both times I tried to watch it. On the other hand, I could not put the book down.
I did watch the Twilight movies but felt they lacked too. Maybe I am reading the wrong books!


6.  I was a Scorpio and now I am a Virgo. I do not know what that means but I saw the breaking news Friday morning! What about the person that has their astrological sign tattooed on their body..Now What Do They Do???  What a tragedy!


7.  I would love to own a Cupcake store. Do I know how to make good cupcakes..NOT.
I just think it would be a fun job and then I could be on the reality show Cupcake Wars!


The next step is to pass the award on to 15 recently discovered blogger's. Since I have discovered so many new blogs that have been a joy to read, I have decided to grant this award to everyone that reads my blog. If you stop by for a visit, please accept the Stylish Blogger Award and pass it on!

5 comments:

  1. you are a doll and so deserve this!
    You did what I did when you were so kind to give it to me that time! It is too hard to decide and I agree with you that EVERYONE who stops by should get it!!!
    I just got it again from 4 people and I am going to do the same thing again!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received this award from a few people this week. Posting mine tomorrow. Congratulations!I am too old to be changing my sign now. I can't believe it and I won't accept it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contratulations with your fab award!!!! Yay for you!!!!

    And thanks for sharing these bits n bobs about yourself - wonderful!!! I must have missed out on this astrological news - what's going on?!?
    Lol!!

    Have a great day! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about reading the book. Movies rarely live up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete