Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.

My fun started at work on Friday with a cookie decorating contest. Our manager supplied sugar cookies in the shape of an Easter Bunny head, canned white and pink frosting, various sprinkles, cherry licorice, coconut and mini chocolate chips.

My plan was to make an Easter Bunny Angel. My first attempt went so wrong,  one of the Doc's said no amount of frosting would cover the mistakes and he suggested I start over! Thanks (sarcastic tone), Dr. K!!! There went my morning break and I would have to wait until lunch!

Long story short, I did not get my cookie done in time for the judging, but I had a great time anyway!



Hard to tell, top cookie is Bunny Road Kill : (





Great use of licorice!



Top cookie, Dr. K's, won a prize.
This top cookie also won.
You would be amazed how well syringes worked for piping frosting!
Yeah, Nurse K, for the most festive holiday cookie!

My cookie
Two of the Best Nurses, and friends,  I could have the pleasure of working with.
The BEST Surgical tech's in Colorado!

On a more serious note, afterwork I went to a beautiful Tenebrae service at church.
I will save my Easter post for later....I am going to fix breakfast then go for a run.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, to add a little holiday fun to work! I enjoyed seeing the different creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun crew you work with! I would have picked your conjoined cookies and Nurse K's to win. Now, this enquiring mind wants to know: did you all eat your cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all have so much fun at work! I love your cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete